- Although I am not yet 40, I apparently do not even closely resemble child-bearing age. Just ask the radiology techs who so happily hand out the lead vests.
- Family is always there.
- Never underestimate hospital food....or coffee.
- The scenic route can change your attitude.
- Illness defines friendships.
- There will be that one medical professional that so foolishly asks when your T1 child is low, "Do you normally let him eat after he goes low?"
- Therapy dogs make for beautiful smiles.
- My children are relentlessly courageous.
- Even a good christian girl with a heart for God can make a sailor look like a saint.
- It is possible to be so sleep deprived, you can momentarily become jealous of those resting eternally in a roadside graveyard.
- When you live on an island and the bridge to said island is 70 years old, always have a plan B....and C
- Laughter, at your own expense, can feel good.
- If you sleep in a waiting room with a motion activated light switch, your sleep will be interrupted... Every time you twitch.
- Rarely....very rarely are our intentions the same as God's.....just try catching up on laundry.
Monday, September 2, 2013
So it's been some time since I've posted.....umm...a year perhaps. But maybe I've said it before, I blog everyday in my head. This time I've had idle time to sit and write....and write....and write. Our oldest son has spent a good portion of the summer in and out of the hospital. Here's what I've learned this summer.....
Posted by Tracy